Jean-Robert Bellande, Self: Survivor. Jean-Robert Bellande was born on September 17, 1970 in Long Island, New York, USA. Jean-Robert Bellande Wins 2018 WSOP $5,000 Six-Max No-Limit Hold'em Event Apr 03, 2017 Poker Stories Podcast: Jean-Robert Bellande Lost $13,000 In First Ever Poker Session, Kept Playing Anyway. Jean-Robert 'Bobby' Bellande has won 1 bracelets and 0 rings for total earnings of $2,311,474. See all events where they placed in-the-money. Flush points in cribbage.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Born||September 17, 1970 (age 50)|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|Information accurate as of 16 July 2010.|
Jean-Robert F. Bellande (French pronunciation: [ʒɑ̃ ʁɔbɛʁ bɛˈlɑ̃d]; born September 17, 1970 in Long Island, New York) is an American professional poker player, reality TV contestant, and a nightclub owner and promoter.
Jean Robert Bellande Wife
Bellande was born in Long Island, New York to parents who emigrated from Haiti. When Bellande was five years old, his family relocated to Taiwan where his mother was a Christian missionary. He spent the next thirteen years of his life in an expatriate community before returning to the United States acquiring a Bachelor of Arts in marketing from Azusa Pacific University. He is a native French and English speaker, who learned to be proficient in Mandarin. He now resides in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bellande is a Republican.
Bellande first gained public exposure during a World Series of Poker circuit event in March 2005. He finished 3rd, behind Doug Lee and Jennifer Harman, winning $210,900. Bellande is noted for his aggressive table banter throughout this televised event. A week later, Bellande defeated John Phan to win first prize at the 2005 Winnin' o' the Green tournament, earning a further $148,000.
Bellande has also finished in the money of World Series of Poker (WSOP) and World Poker Tour (WPT) events, and appeared in the WPT Bad Boys of Poker II invitational event won by Tony G.
At the 2008 World Series of Poker, Bellande came close to capturing his first bracelet when he finished runner-up to Matt Graham in the $1,500 Limit Hold'em - Shootout event, earning $173,564 then later he finished in 442nd place out of 6844 entries at the Main Event that same year.
At the 2015 World Series of Poker, Bellande finished 2nd in the $50,000 Player's Championship for $784,828.
At the 2018 World Series of Poker, Bellande won his first World Series of Poker bracelet and $616,302 in Event #58: $5,000 No-Limit Hold’em Six-Handed.
As of 2018, his total live tournament winnings exceed $2,800,000.
World Series of Poker bracelets
|2018||$5,000 No Limit Hold'em 6-Handed||$616,302|
Bellande was a contestant on Survivor: China as a member of the Fei Long Tribe, and later Hae Da Fung. Noted was his conflict with fellow contestant Courtney Yates and his numerous gaffes. He was voted out 8th, becoming the 2nd member of the jury. He cast his jury vote for Todd Herzog to win the million dollar prize, which Herzog ended up achieving.
- ^World Series of Poker: Jean-Robert Bellande
- ^McManus, James, ed. (June 27, 2014). 'How to Win $20 Million at Poker'. Bloomberg. Retrieved November 26, 2015.
- ^McManus, James, ed. (July 12, 2015). 'The Bulletproof Life of Jean-Robert Bellande'. BluffEurope. Retrieved November 26, 2015.
- ^CBS's Survivor: China biography: Jean Robert Bellande
- ^Bellande, Jean-Robert (November 6, 2018). 'I'm a Republican forced to vote Dem across the board today because Nevada seems to have 0 Republicans interested in doing shit about our gun problem. I'll happily help raise money for a Rep politician whose primary goal is Common Sense gun legislation'. @BrokeLivingJRB. Retrieved May 22, 2019.
- ^Hendon Mob tournament results
- Jean-Robert Bellande biography for Survivor: China at CBS.com